- This event has passed.
IOT Campus Official Launch Event & call to project: Smart Building
April 23, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Come and discover 3 Brussels scale-ups active in smart building! On the occasion of the launch of the IOT Campus acceleration program for startups in IOT, enhanced by the presence of the Minister of the Economy Didier Gosuin, you will be able to listen to Emmanuel Mossay, Systemic Business Innovator, who will explain why the Internet of Things is one of the main Enablers of the Circular Economy. We will also launch the first call for projects of the IOT Campus Accelerator, in partnership with Co.Station, on the Smart Building theme, a crucial issue for the Brussels region, mainly focused on the Services Industry, but which deplores over a million square meters of empty offices.
- Didier Gosuin, Minister of Economy, Brussels Region, will present IOT as one of the 3 key technologies selected in the Next Tech plan of the Brussels Region, to promote and develop digital entrepreneurship in Brussels
- Emmanuel Mossay, Systemic Business Innovator, will deliver a speach on IOT as key enabler of the Circular Economy. This visionary presentation will depict, based on real examples, how IOT can meet the needs for a sustainable future, based on the principles of the Circular Economy.
- 3 IOT Startups active in Smart Building, will present their innovative product offerings.
- Luc Jacobs, serial Entrepreneur in Brussels, partner in IOT Campus, will present the IOT Campus Acceleration program.
- Lionel Anciaux, serial Entrepreneur in Brussels, partner in IOT Campus, will present the IOT Campus Tech and Business Events scheduled for 2018
Smart Building as the Theme for the first IOT Campus cohort:
Brussels, capital of Europe, is a city focused around Services and Public Institutions. Office & Residential Buildings are a key asset for the region, but challenges are numerous, like this number: more than one Million square meters of office space are unoccupied. Energy optimizations, co-working, co-living, space optimization… Various thematics where the Internet of Things can help. The first IOT Campus call for project will be focused on IOT applied to Smart Building.
- 18:00 – 18:15 – Welcome Drink
- 18:15 – 19:30
- Welcome Message by Béatrice de Mahieu, Co-Station
- Speech by Didier Gosuin, Brussels Minister of Economy.
- “IOT as enabler of the Circular Economy” by Emmanuel Mossay, Systemic Business Innovator
- Presentation of 3 Brussels startups active in Smart Building
- IOT Campus: program presentation, and meet the coaches
- Call to Application for startups in Smart Building
- 19:30 – 21:00 – Networking Drink